There are a number of steps which you can take to keep your site secure. These vary from software to software but the most important are listed below;
1. All files should be setup with permissions (chmod) set to 644
2. All folders should be setup with permissions of 755.
3. All uploading scripts should filter out files which contain .php, .cgi and .pl files.
4. Make sure your password for databases and the admin area are complex (at least 8 characters with upper lower case characters and special characters) and NOT the same as your control panel/ftp (cpanel) password
5. If you are using a CMS (like wordpress, Joomla etc) then ensure they use any public scripts they are always kept up to date.
If you have any questions, kindly donot hesitate to contact us by opening a ticket.